UNPFII Twenty-First Session
Theme: “Indigenous peoples, business, autonomy and the human rights principles of due diligence including free, prior and informed consent”.
The 2022 session of the United Nations Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues (UNPFII) will be open to in-person and online participation.
Note that all open meetings of the Forum will be streamed at webtv.un.org. Viewing the live stream will not require any registration.
The calendar of events of the 21st session of the UNPFII includes a series of items dedicated to the International Decade of Indigenous Languages:
- Opening Ceremony, 10 AM (EST Time), 25 April 2022
- *In-person and formal meeting
- United Nations General Assembly Hall
- Election of Chair (Item1)
- Election of the Bureau of the Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues
- Adoption of the agenda and organization of work (Item 2)
- Item 5 (f): Thematic dialogues: International Decade of Indigenous Languages 2022–2032 , 15-17 PM (EST Time), 25 April 2022. Key documents:
- E/C.19/2022/5 International Decade of Indigenous Languages, 2022-2032: Global Action Plan: Note by the Secretariat
- E/C.19/2022/10 Use of Indigenous Languages in Formal Education Systems in Latin America, Southern Africa and Northern Eurasia by Sven-Erik Soosaar, Irma Pineda Santiago and Bornface Museke Mate
- Side event “From Global To Local: Making the International Decade of Action for Indigenous Languages”, 13 – 14.30 PM (EST Time), 26 April 2022 (hybrid format).
For more information, please visit the dedicated website of the UNPFII.